Listed in Auto insurance
- Aviva plc St Helen's 1 Undershaft London EC3P 3DQ United Kingdom
- 0800 092 9564
Not only can our car insurance give you the reassurance of extensive cover, but you’ll also get a great service when you need us most. So with our optional no claim discount protection, if you make a claim after an accident, your premium will not increase next year and you won’t lose your no claim discount. ** And our team are available 24/7, 365 days a year if you need to make a claim. Plus, monitor your driving with our free app, Aviva Drive and safer drivers who score over 7.1 could save an average of £150 on our comprehensive car insurance – a saving which we expect 44% of safer drivers to get.
Why choose us?
- Save up to 20% online : Buy your car insurance cover online and you could save today. We expect 15% of our customers to receive the maximum saving. ****
- Get a quote online in 5 minutes : Fill in your details using our online motor insurance quote form, and you’ll be able to get a car insurance quote in a matter of minutes. You can also save your quote and retrieve it later. Quotes are valid for 60 days.
- Get up to 1/3 off with MultiCar Insurance : If you’re looking to insure a second car or van, you could save with Aviva’s MultiCar. We expect 20% of our customers to get 1/3 off. ^
- 24/7 claims helpline : If you need to make a claim, you can contact our UK team. They’re available 24/7, 365 days a year, to help you through the process. Alternatively you can fill in our online claims form.
- Personal Claim Manager : Your UK Personal Claim Manager will support you and keep you fully informed throughout your claim. They’ll strive to reach a quick resolution and ensure the process is as stress free as possible.
- Fast recovery : Following an accident we’ll be with you on average in less than 52 minutes to recover you and your car.
- Uninsured driver promise : If you’re hit by an uninsured driver and it wasn’t your fault, your no claim discount won’t be lost, and we’ll refund any excess you’ve had to pay. You’ll need to provide us with details of the other vehicle and driver.
- 5 Star Rating and positive reviews : Our Defaqto 5 Star Rating provides you with expert, independent reassurance about the quality of cover we provide.
Visit our benefits page to find out more about other policy features which could be valuable to you.
* 10% of customers buying comprehensive car insurance with us from August to October 2015 paid this price or less for our standard cover (excluding optional extras). The price you will pay depends on individual circumstances, cover chosen and payment method.
** No claim discount protection covers one claim in a policy year. Cover available for policyholders aged 21 or over with 3 or more years NCD who have had no more than 1 claim in the last year.
*** Based on policies bought direct from Aviva between 1 October 2014 and 30 September 2015. Discount is available on first car per policy and depends on score and price – minimum £200. Discount does not apply to optional extras. Compatible headset required. Data charges may apply.
**** Discount depends on individual circumstances and does not apply to optional extras. Minimum price applies.
^ Up to 1/3 off applied to the cheaper of the two vehicle insurance premiums. Discount does not apply to optional extras. Maximum 1/3 discount available on policies with either one driver, or two drivers who are domestic partners using their vehicles only for social domestic and pleasure.
After getting my car damaged by one of our own company vehicles at work I was assured a repair would be sorted soon, after a week of waiting I decided enough is enough and contacted my own insurer Aviva who quickly got things moving, later that day I was contacted to let be told a courtesy car was waiting for me and that my vehicle would be collected the next day, the repair was done quickly and to a very high standard and returned to me. Thanks Aviva
I had to make a claim after being involved in an accident. I got through straight away at the roadside to report the incident and was told that due to the age of the vehicle, mileage etc., the car would probably be a total loss. However at no point was I told that was definitely the case and I was under the impression that someone would look at the vehicle before the decision was made. Finally the third person I spoke to at Aviva said that instead of the car being towed away I could request an engineer’s report. This was three days after the accident and only after I had phoned every day for an update, no one from Aviva once tried to contact me. At no point were the options of buying back the car or the categories of write off explained to me. The engineer who did finally get to see the vehicle was the most helpful person I spoke to. As it turned out, I did end up writing the car off however I was frustrated at the way it was assumed that was the action I wanted to take.